Dr. habil. Mikhail Kaban
Funktion und Aufgaben:Diese Seite ist nur in englischer Sprache verfügbar. Bitte wechseln Sie im Menü die Sprache.
Main focus: integrative interpretation of gravity, seismic and other geophysical and geological data for various applications:
- Construction and evaluation of integrative models of the Earth's crust and mantle at both regional and global levels
- Modelling of the global mantle dynamics
- Study of isostasy, rheology, mechanical behaviour of the lithosphere and the stress field induced by lithosphere density inhomogeneities
- Development of geophysical software: solution of direct and inverse gravity problems (2D and 3D spherical cases), dynamic modelling of the Earth's mantle, cross-spectral (admittance) technique
- 1981–1983 geophysicist, GEON Center for geophysical, geological and geo-ecological researches, Moscow, Russia
- 1983–1986: Postgraduate associate (PhD student), Inst. Phys. of the Earth, Moscow
- 1987-February 2022: Scientist and then Senior and Leading Scientist, Institute of Physics of the Earth (IPE), Russian Acad. Sci., Moscow, (since 2002 - part-time)
- 1993–1994: Lecturer at Moscow Lomonosov State University, Interpretation of the gravity data, Faculty of Geology
- 1994: (2 months) Inst. of Geophysics, Kiel University, Germany, DAAD Fellowship Grant
- 1993, 1996: (3 months) Orkustofnun (National Energy Authority of Iceland), NATO Science Fellowship Grant to proceed Icelandic gravity data
- 1996–2001: (several months each year) Visiting senior scientist at US Geological Survey, Menlo Park, USA
- 1995-2001: (several months each year) Visiting senior scientist at GFZ, Potsdam
- Since 2002: Senior Scientist, group leader "Density structure of the Earth", GFZ Potsdam, Section 1.3 "Earth System Modelling"
Werdegang / Ausbildung:
- 1975–1981: MS in geophysics (Moscow Lomonosov State University, Faculty of Physics, Geophysical Department)
- 1987: Ph.D. in Geophysics. Institute of Physics of the Earth, Moscow. Title "Isostatic compensation of the Earth's crust structures" Supervising Professor- Dr. M.E. Artemjev.
- 2003: Dr. Science (Habilitation). Institute of Physics of the Earth, Moscow. Title " Density inhomogeneities of the upper mantle, lithosphere isostasy and geodynamic
2 DFG Priority Program SPP1257: “Mass Transport and Mass Distribution in the Earth System":
- CASE: “Constraints on Tien Shan structure and dynamics from integrative modelling of new satellite gravity, GPS, SAR and seismic data”
- IDEM "Global Modelling of the lithosphere and mantle and explaning geoid signal by merging of tomography derived mantle flow models with full thermal convection models including lateral viscosity variations"
- Joint project with Free University (VU) Amsterdam financed by NOW/SRON (Netherlands organization for scientific research): “A joint analysis of terrestrial and satellite gravity data to assess intraplate continental deformation in Eurasia”
- Joint project with the US Geological Survey, Menlo Park: “Construction of a new global model of the crust and upper mantle”
- Joint project with Inst. Physics of the Earth, Moscow: “Kinematics and geodynamics of the plate boundary between the Eurasian and North American lithosphere plates (LENA)”