Function and Responsibilities:
- Head of section 3.5 "
- Professor in Interface Geochemistry, Freie Universität Berlin
since April 2016: Professor in Interface Geochemistry, FU Berlin and GFZ Potsdam
since Oct 1st 2014: Head of Interface Geochemistry group, German Research Centre for Geosciences, GFZ Potsdam, Germany
2007 – Present: Professor in Experimental Biogeochemistry, School of Earth and Environment, Univ. Leeds, UK
2005-2007: Reader in Geobiology, School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds, UK
2004-2005: University Lecturer, School of Earth Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
1999-2004: University Research Fellow, School of Earth Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
1995 PhD: Aqueous Geochemistry, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
1990 MSc: Petrology/Geochemistry, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland (Diplom)
1987 BSc: Marine Geology/Metamorphic Petrology, University of Kiel, Germany (Vordiplom)
Black and Bloom
- Understanding the melting of the Greenland Ice Sheet)
UK-STFC (Beam time at the UK- Synchrotron Radiation Facility - Diamond)
ESRF (Beam time at the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility in Grenoble)
EU H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions:
A. Innovative Training Networks (2016-2020)
- "Microorganisms in Warming Arctic Environments - MicroArctic"
- "Metal Oxide Aided Subsurface Remediation: from Invention to Injection – MetalAid".
B Individual Fellowship
- Tomasz M. Stawski: NanoSiAl „Silica and alumina nanophases – the building blocks for the ground under our feet“
ERC Synergy Grant "Deep Purple"