Subtopic 3.2 "Temporal variations and the late stage before catastrophic events"
- D3.3 (2027): Methodological framework for the detection, identification, and analysis of preparatory processes related to various hazards using state-of-the-art field monitoring
Subtopic 3.3 "Extreme events: characterization, cascades and impact"
- D3.5 (2027): Development and field testing of a collection system for the observables related to the occurrence of extreme events
- D3.6 (2027): The identification of the specific factors behind extreme and high-impact events
Subtopic 3.4 "Translating hazard knowledge to risk mitigation"
- D3.7 (2027): Design of the next generation of early warning and rapid response systems
- D3.8 (2027): Time-dependent geohazard forecasts targeted to modern urban risk assessments
Subtopic 8.1 "Geoenergy"
- D8.2 (2027): Establish multidisciplinary scientific research platforms offering geoscience solutions to energy storage and safe disposal of radioactive waste in the subsurface
Subtopic 8.3 "Integration"
- M8.5-3 (2026): Develop strategies for minimizing exploration or production-induced hazards, including stress- and thermal changes
- M8.5-4 (2026): Integrate coupled processes of fluid-rock interaction, including those related to the deep biosphere, into models for geoenergy, subsurface storage, and mineral systems
- M8.5-5 (2027): Build an open, modular simulation framework capable of addressing the complexity of coupled interactions among the physical, chemical and microbiological components of energy and mineral systems
- M8.6-3 (2024): Apply advanced data science concepts for data management/exploitation and for complex systems modeling