Sample preparation instruments are available for all kinds of samples for scanning electron microscopes and transmission electron microscopes.
- Gold-Palladium Sputter Coater - Leica
- Carbon Coater - Leica
- Cryo Sample Preparation - Leica
- Gatan Model 656 Dimple Grinder - a precision tool used to mechanically produce dimples in the surface of materials like ceramics, semiconductors and metals. This technique allows to achieve a large and damage-free area within a sample disc of 3 mm diameter, with thickness as low as up to 10 µm, depending on the processed material. Subsequent chemical or ion beam thinning will result in large electron transparent areas.
- Gatan Model Duo Mill 600 - a post-ion milling device used to prepare electron transparent specimens for transmission electron microscopy. The parameters (accelerating voltage, ion current and incident angle) of Ar+ ion milling are selected depending on the properties of the specimen material. The preparation process is controlled visually using an optical microscope or automatically by a laser beam, and stops when perforation occurs.
- Vitrobot Mark IV System - an advanced specimen preparation device, which automates the vitrification process, to provide fast, easy and reproducible preparation of biological, food, industrial, pharmaceutical or other materials prone to electron beam damage. Upon vitrification, the sample is cooled very rapidly that water molecules do not have time to crystallize. Instead they form an amorphous solid that does little or no damage to the sample structure and minimizes changes during electron microscopy studies.