Women in Geothermal (WING) is a global volunteer, not-for-profit organization whose aim is to promote the education, professional development, and advancement of women in the geothermal community worldwide.
WING global is actually mentoring and supporting 34 country chapters. The WING Country Teams are led by WING country ambassadors to support, coordinate and deliver WING initiatives in their territories.
The WING Germany country team was born in September 2020 and has currently 8 members from a wide group of professional disciplines and facets of the geothermal sector, from science, engineering, business and associations. With these diverse perspectives, we are engaged in WING to increase the visibility of geothermal energy, support women's professional development in the geothermal sector, and drive gender equality in the geothermal community.
Top row, from left to right: Simona Regenspurg, Guido Blöcher, Angela Spalek (Helmholtz Centre Potsdam – German Research Centre for Geosciences); Christine Cröniger (Stadtwerke München). Row below: Indira Shatyrbayeva (Technical University of Munich, Geothermal-Alliance Bavaria), Stephanie Frick (RBS Wave GmbH), Eva Schill (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology), Maximilian Keim (Technical University of Munich, Geothermal-Alliance Bavaria). Further members: Joy Iannotta (Hydroisotop).
- Promoting the Germany country team's visibility in the market through social media outreach and the country website
- Organizing virtual and personal workshops, online trainings and events
- Establishing knowledge sharing and mentoring of young academics and professionals
- Recruiting members from the national geothermal sector, female and male
- Establishing networks and relationships with other national organizations and associations, e.g. the Geothermal-Alliance Bavaria GAB and the German Geothermal Association BVG
You are interested in WING and would like to join the network? You are welcome, please contact us!