Direct access to data download:
- Nowcast data and data back to 1995 via FTP: ftp://ftp.gfz-potsdam.de/pub/home/obs/Hpo:
- Hp30 and ap30, Hp60 and ap60 (near real-time)
- Hp30 and ap30 since 1995, Hp60 and ap60 since 1995(daily update)
- Nowcast plots: https://isdc.gfz-potsdam.de/index.php?id=152
- NEW: DOI (no near realt-time): https://doi.org/10.5880/Hpo.0002
The high cadence, open-ended Hpo indices is similar to the Kp index, but have a time resolution of 30 and 60 minutes, called the Hp30 and Hp60, respectively. The Hpo indices were developed in the H2020-project Swami. Hpo goes back to 1995. It is accompanied by the linear apo indices referred to as ap30 and ap60.
All index data and graphs on this website are subject to the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license. Please refer to GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences as data source for the Hpo data files and plots.
- September 2022: The new Hpo index (Hp30, Hp60) websites https://kp.gfz-potsdam.de/en/hp30-hp60 allow state-of-the-art data downloads and contain numerous figures of the Kp index time series and derived products. All previous data streams will be maintained.
- March 2022: Slight correction of some index values after 2017. The new version of the Hpo index has the https://doi.org/10.5880/Hpo.0002 and supersedes the version https://doi.org/10.5880/Hpo.0001.
- July 2020: On this website, we are currently establishing links for data download for the Hpo and apo indices. A description of the index will follow.
We acknowledge the following geomagnetic observatories and the institutes that maintain them for providing data that allow us to calculate Hpo:
- Brorfelde (BFE) maintained by: Technical University of Denmark (Denmark);
- Canberra (CNB) maintained by: Geoscience Australia (Australia);
- Eskdalemuir (ESK) maintained by: British Geological Survey (UK);
- Eyrewell (EYR) maintained by: GNS Science (New Zealand);
- Fredericksburg (FRD) maintained by: U.S. Geological Survey (US);
- Hartland (HAD) maintained by: British Geological Survey (UK);
- Lerwick (LER) maintained by: British Geological Survey (UK);
- Meanook (MEA) maintained by: Natural Resources Canada (Canada);
- Niemegk (NGK) maintained by: GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences (Germany);
- Ottawa (OTT) maintained by: Natural Resources Canada (Canada);
- Sitka (SIT) maintained by: U.S. Geological Survey (US);
- Uppsala (UPS) maintained by: Geological Survey of Sweden (Sweden);
- Wingst (WNG) maintained by: GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences (Germany)