Project manager (f_m_x) for the EU MSCA Doctoral Network “TALENTS”
Reference Number 8135
TALENTS is a European research network that bridges fundamental geosciences with industry applications to help building a low carbon future. Our joint research focuses on continental rifts, which are key regions for geothermal energy, carbon capture and storage, for new resources such as native hydrogen but also high-risk human habitats due to geohazards such as earthquakes and volcanic activity. TALENTS fuses research and training at 18 beneficiaries and academic partners that are among the world leaders in the study of rift systems and 11 companies that are actively involved in the energy transition. 12 talented doctoral researchers are at the core of the network and will be hosted by partners in Germany, France, Italy, UK, Greece, Switzerland, Norway, and the Netherlands.
- Oversee the general activities of the network within the context of the work plan
- Be part of the project management team and support the project scientific coordinator and the principal investigators in the day-to-day running of the network activities
- Maintain communication between the project management team and the consortium as a whole
- Provide guidance to the network partners on the complex operational regulations of Marie Curie Doctoral Networks
- Be the main point of contact between the project management team and the project officers located at the beneficiaries, the partner institutions, and in Brussels
- Ensure the timely coordination and completion of all deliverables and training events that are part of the network plan and of all required reports to the European Commission
- Assist with the organization of short courses, meetings, workshops, and field trips to Greece and East Africa
- Oversee the maintenance of the project website, the production and dissemination of the project newsletter, and other dissemination actions as the occasion arises, in coordination with the GFZ press office
- Ensure the efficient use of project resources and arrange timely payments to project and external partners via the GFZ administration
- You are a scientist (PhD degree) with project management skills or you have studied business administration (Msc or PhD degree) and have a solid experience in science
- You have experience in the management and coordination of research projects
- A knowledge of geosciences and/or geo-resources would be of advantage
- Experience with science communication and outreach activities is of advantage, but is not a strict requirement
- The working language of the project is English. Knowledge of German would be an advantage, but is not essential
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Professional career advice offered by our in-house Career-Centre
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Institute day-care centre on site
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
- Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Fixed-term: 4 years
Salary: The position is classed as salary group 13 according to “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)”. The salary group is determined on the basis of the Collective Wage Agreement and the respective personal qualifications.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
Place of work: Potsdam
Have we piqued your interest?
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at sbv[at]gfz-potsdam.de, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at gba[at]gfz-potsdam.de.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.