The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam – GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national centre for geosphere research. As a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres we are part of the largest scientific organization in Germany. With approximately 1,300 employees our key mission is to secure a profound understanding of the systems and processes of solid Earth, to develop strategies and options for action in addressing global change and its impacts on a regional level, to understand natural hazards and to minimize associated risks, to ensure the sustainable provision of energy and raw materials for a high-tech society and to evaluate the influence of human activity on system Earth.
As a partner in Geo.X, the GFZ has access to an excellent network of other geoscience institutions in Potsdam and Berlin. This largest regional concentration of geoscientific competence in Europe offers first-class cooperation and development opportunities.
To support the team of the Scientific Director, we are looking for a
Consultant (f_m_x) International Cooperation with focus on China
Reference Number 6283
You will support the team of the Scientific Director in the implementation of a project to mitigate foreign interference risks in international scientific cooperation. To do this you will work with experts from various disciplines in science and administration, pool their expertise and serve as an interface between the project partners involved in our research and service departments.
- Operational implementation of the project concept
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Organisation of interdisciplinary exchange and participation formats
- Design and organisation of meetings, workshops, lecture series and training courses
- Cooperation with external partner organisations at the national and international level
- Presentation of the project at internal and external events
- Active networking with national and international organisations and stakeholders
- Monitoring of relevant trends in the thematic field and compilation of respective information for internal and external stakeholders to support decision-making processes
- A completed academic degree and profile (Master's or PhD). A natural science and/or technical background, as well as an international orientation are desired
- Practical experience in project management
- Knowledge of international research policy and administrative processes is desired
- Experience in (international) database and web research
- Experience in cooperation with China is desired
- Practical experience in the management of interdisciplinary networks and the conception and implementation of public events
- Knowledge of the national and international scientific landscape
- Communication and team skills
- Intercultural competence
- Excellent knowledge of German and English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate in both languages in a profound manner
- Willingness to travel on business at home and abroad
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Professional career advice offered by our in-house Career-Centre
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support for finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Institute day-care centre on-site
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
- Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Fixed-term: 3 years
Salary: The position is classed as salary group 13 according to “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)”. The salary group is determined on the basis of the Collective Wage Agreement and the respective personal qualifications.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
Place of work: Potsdam
Have we piqued your interest?
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at sbv[at]gfz-potsdam.de, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at gba[at]gfz-potsdam.de.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.