Chemical Technical Assistance (f_m_x)
Reference Number 6163
We are looking for a chemical technical assistant trained on specific analytical methods for solid state analysis (rocks and minerals) who is willing to learn and implement several new state-of-the-art techniques for solid state phase characterization.
She/he will join a multidisciplinary, international and diverse team of researchers led by Liane G. Benning, who is very committed to fostering a fully inclusive research environment. Non-discrimination and equal treatment are integral parts of our group policy.
To complete our team we are also looking for a Biological Technical Assistant. You can find more information under the following job advertisement.
- Preparation of rock and mineral samples
- Performance of mineralogical and elemental analyses
- Sample preparation and execution of grain size, thermogravimetric and porosity analyses
- Preparation of standard test series for various mineralogical analyses
- Evaluation, processing and documentation of results of all analytical methods used
- Completed training as a chemical technical assistant (equivalent to German CTA) or comparable training
- Experience with solid state analyses of mineralogical or rock samples
- Structured work while adhering to tight timelines
- Good written and spoken English skills are required
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) is a prerequisite
- High degree of flexibility, independence and analytical quality standards
- Willingness to work in a multinational research team
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Institute day-care centre on site
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
- Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Fixed-term: 2 years (with possibility of extension)
Salary: The position is classed as salary group 6 according to “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)”. The salary group is determined on the basis of the Collective Wage Agreement and the respective personal qualifications.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
Place of work: Potsdam
Have we piqued your interest?
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at sbv[at]gfz-potsdam.de, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at gba[at]gfz-potsdam.de.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.