For Section 1.1 “Space Geodetic Techniques” we invite applications for a:
Research Scientist (f_m_x) - GNSS processing
Reference Number 9054
To support our GNSS Analysis Center and our long-term work within the Galileo Geodetic Reference Service Provider, we are looking for a research scientist. The advertised position combines geodetic research and operational tasks. An international integration and cooperation with other disciplines is given e.g. via the International GNSS Service (IGS).
- Analysis of GPS and Galileo observation data with the analysis software EPOS.P8 in the framework of the Galileo Geodetic Reference Service Provider
- Independent research on improved orbit determination for GNSS and LEO satellites, advanced geoscientific applications, or usage of artificial intelligence in the GNSS processing
- Assessment of the derived GNSS products, integration of new developments into operational routines, and validation with independent methods (e.g., satellite laser ranging)
- Scientific university education and doctorate in geodesy or related disciplines (e.g., geoinformatics, mathematics, physics, informatics), or comparable qualification (e.g., work experience)
- Experience in GNSS data processing
- Experience in developing scientific program packages, knowledge in Unix/Linux-based operating system environments and script programming are an advantage
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Capability to work in an interdisciplinary and international research environment
- High motivation and personal responsibility
Please note that the requirements of the 'Programme Security Instructions concerning European GNSS Programmes' (European GNSS PSI) apply to this vacancy (eligibility: EU citizens as well as Norway and Switzerland).
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Professional career advice offered by our in-house Career-Centre
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Institute day-care centre on site
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
- Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Fixed-term: 3 years
Salary: The position is classed as salary group 13 according to “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)”. The salary group is determined on the basis of the Collective Wage Agreement and the respective personal qualifications.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
Place of work: Potsdam
Have we piqued your interest?
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at sbv[at]gfz-potsdam.de, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at gba[at]gfz-potsdam.de.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.