Function and Responsibilities:
Scientific Executive Director and Chairman of the Board (interim)
Professor, Institute for Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Potsdam
- Erosion processes and fluxes.
- Coupling between physical and chemical processes at Earth’s surface.
- Geophysical constraints on geomorphic processes, and vice versa.
- Predicting and inverting basin stratigraphy.
- Teleconnections within Earth’s surface system.
- Socio-economic costs of Earth surface dynamics.
- 2012 Professor University of Potsdam, Germany
- 1999-2012 Lecturer University of Cambridge, UK
- 2003-2012 Fellow Churchill College, Cambridge, UK
- Visiting professorships at University of Oslo, University of Rennes, Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, ETH Zürich