Dr. James Mechie
Function and Responsibilities:
- 2021-present - following retirement, Guest Scientist - GeoForschungsZentrum (GFZ) Potsdam, Germany
- 1994-2020 - Research Scientist - GeoForschungsZentrum (GFZ) Potsdam, Germany
- 1980-1994 - Research Scientist - Karlsruhe University, Germany
- 1979-1980 - Research Associate - Birmingham University, U.K.
I am a member of the Geological Society of Glasgow.
From 1995-2004, I was also a member of the Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 267 - Deformation Processes in the Andes, involving the GeoForschungsZentrum (GFZ) Potsdam, the Free University Berlin, the Technical University Berlin and the University of Potsdam.
- 1980 - Ph.D. in Geophysics, University of Wales, U.K. (1980)
- 1976 - B.Sc. in Geology, Glasgow University, U.K.
Here is a list of recent projects, including links, in which I have been involved:
- GEDEPTH I / INDEPTH II (1994)
- URSEIS (1995)
- CINCA (1995)
- TICOSECT (1996)
- ANCORP (1996)
- GEDEPTH II / INDEPTH III (1998-1999)
- DESERT (2000)
- SPOC (2001)
- TIPTEQ (2005)
- DESIRE (2006)
- INDEPTH IV (2007)
- TIPAGE (2008)
- CyprusArc (2010)
- LONGMENSHAN (2012)
- RomUkrSeis (2014)
- SPP2017/1 - MB-4D - "Understanding subduction beneath the Alps" (2017-2018)
- LONGMEN-P (2018-2020)
- TTZ-South (2018)
For older projects, see my publications list.