I started working at the Remote Sensing section of the GFZ as a student in 2012 and developed into a co-group leader of our Remote Sensing Geology Application team. Additionally, I took part in an innovation start-up project. I have a wide background of experience of working in a geo-scientific research community, but it was only in October 2016 that I first came in contact with sales and marketing by starting to assist the technology transfer section of the GFZ. I organized our exhibition representation and marketing material for four global mining exhibitions and numerous field trips in Europe. Consequently, this led to founding a company in January 2019. My ongoing Ph.D. thesis is on the topic of copper detection and mapping on open pit mining. I am additionally working in projects related to remotely senses tailing monitoring (project “REMON”) and hyperspectral Lithium detection (project “LIGHTS”). Applying and expanding this knowledge in new and growing environments is of great interest to me.
June/2017 to date Ph.D. Geosciences, University of Potsdam, Potsdam
Feb/2014 – Nov/2016 M.Sc. Geosciences, University of Potsdam, Potsdam
GPA: 1.40 (ECTS Grade: A), Including an ERASMUS exchange to Universitá degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Oct/2010 – Feb/2014 B.Sc. Geology, Freie University of Berlin, Berlin; GPA: 1.7 (ECTS Grade: A-)
Jan/2019 to date Founder member of “rad.Data Spectral Analytics UG (haftungsbeschränkt)”
A company focusing on spectral analytics to enhance and improve processes in the mining environment
June/2017 to date Research associate in the projects REEMAP (Hyperspectral MAPping of Rare Earth Elements) and LiGHTS (Lightweight Integrated Ground and Airborne Hyperspectral Topological Solution)
June/2014 – June/2017 Graduate Research Assistant and Master Thesis, German Research Centre of Geosciences, GFZ and University of Potsdam, Potsdam
· M.Sc. Thesis "Development of a 360-degree hyperspectral drill core scanner: Test of technical conditions and validation of high-resolution near-field analysis of crystalline basement rocks using COSC-1 core samples",
· Field campaigns in Norway, Sweden, China
Aug/2014 Internship, “Collisional Orogeny in the Scandinavian Caledonides”, Åre, Sweden, On-site scientific geological and geophysical core logging
Mar and Aug/2013 Internship, Centre of Excellence for Climate System Analysis and Prediction (CliSAP), University of Hamburg, Germany
Apr/2013 – June/2013 Bachelor Thesis and Internship, German Research Centre for Geosciences, GFZ, Potsdam, Germany
· "Drill core mineral analysis by means of the hyperspectral imaging spectrometer HySPEX, XRD and ASD in proximity of the Mytina Maar, Czech Republic"
· The thesis was published in 2015, DOI: 10.5194/isprsarchives-XL-1-W5-417-2015
Aug/2012 – Oct/2012 Internship, Alfred Wegener Institute, Wadden Sea Station, Sylt, Germany
· Micro- and molecular biological analyses, grain size analyses and 10-day scientific cruise with research vessel “Heincke”
· - Workshop Attdance of the “FDAYS Frauenhofer Venture Lab”
· - Sales and marketing experience for the technological transfer
· - Scientific technology transfer for the German Research Centre by organizing their commercial exhibition appearance at the PDAC, Toronto (2017); the Exponor, Antofagasta (2017); the DMT Bergbauforum, Berlin (2017); the Perumin, Arequipa (2017) and the Mining Indaba (Capetown (2018)
· - Conference and workshop attendance, including the presentation of my own research results in Iran, Austria and in Germany multiple times. Winning the “best audience award poster” at EARSeL SIG IS Workshop Brno 2019
· - Design of promotional material and exhibition booth organization of above exhibitions
We provide game-changing, remote exploration which allows you to determine the resource potential in a focussed, precise and timely manner. By using available data from satellite systems utilizing automated patent registered processing routines, we provide high-performance, large spatial surface analysis for risk-reduced remote prospection.
In the frame of the REEMAP project a modular multi-sensor processing chain for modern imaging spectrometers shall be created that enables direct (using absorption features) or indirect (using mineral assemblages) spatially extensive, rapid and robust detection and semiquantification of Rare Earth Elements also by technical staff in order to fulfill the actual demand for cost-efficient, fast and reliable exploration and ressource potential assessment.
LIGHTS aims at designing a new exploration process at the target scale. The objective is to perform an airborne and a ground survey in a single field survey to test the fertility of the outcropping target.
ReMon aims at developing a prototypical monitoring system for mine tailings. The monitoring system will be a combination of software and hardware packages. Different sensors scaling from satellite- to drone-based will be integrated into a product primarily aiming at the mining sector.