Function and Responsibilities:
I am fascinated by the interactions and feedbacks between the biosphere and the geosphere at different spatial and temporal scales in marine and terrestrial environments. The development of new tools such as those involving stable isotope measurements to investigate biogeochemical processes is fundamental to my research.
2018 - Ongoing
: Postdoctoral Researcher at the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ) Potsdam within the
Organic Surface Geochemistry laboratory
2017 - Ongoing
- Within Dr Sachse's team, I study changes in aridity and precipitation patterns at the end of the last ice age (15.000 – 10.000 years ago) across the European continent using a novel dual biomarker approach involving hydrogen isotopes.
at University of Oxford (Earth & Plant Sciences) within the Ocean biogeochemistry group (
- Visiting Prof. Rickaby’s group in Oxford, I also explore how vital effects on stable-isotope composition of organic molecules could be exploited in novel ways to track important marine biogeochemical processes.
2013 - 2017: PhD student, Research assistant at ETH Zürich (Environmental Sciences) within the
Plant Physiological Ecology group
- Thesis: Biochemical and metabolic effects on the hydrogen isotope composition of organic compounds in plants
- My project focused on leaf wax n-alkanes and their δD values as eco-hydrological proxy. I conducted experiments under controlled conditions and in the field to understand the biochemical hydrogen isotope fractionation that occurs during the biosynthesis of plant organic compounds in plants.
2009 - 2012: MSc student, Research assistant at the
Research Centre on the Dynamics of the Earth System in Montreal, Canada
- Thesis: Multi-proxy study of paleoclimate and primary productivity in northern Baffin Bay
- Doctorate in Environmental Science (Dr. sc. ETH), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zürich, Switzerland (2017)
- PhD Program in Science & policy, Zürich-Basel Plant Science Centre, Switzerland (2017)
- Master of Oceanography (M.Sc.), Marine Science Institute of Rimouski, University of Quebec at Rimouski, Canada (2013)
- Bachelor of Biology (B.Sc.) - Marine biology & biochemistry, Laval University, Canada
- STEEPclim - Spatiotemporal evolution of the hydrological cycle throughout the European continent during past abrupt climate changes
- COSIWAX - Compound Specific Hydrogen Isotope Analyses of Leaf Wax n-Alkanes as a Novel Tool to Assess Plant and Ecosystem Water Relations Across new Spatial and Temporal Scales