Prof. Dr. Torsten Dahm
Funktion und Aufgaben:
- Head of section 2.1: Physics of Earthquakes and Volcanoes
- Professor in Geophysics/Seismology, University of Potsdam
- Spokesperson PT4, POFIII: Natural Hazards
- Earthquake physics: earthquake rupture process, source parameter inversion, triggering of earthquakes, fluid related earthquakes, volcanic earthquakes, seismicity, induced seismicity.
- Physics of fractures: emplacement, slow dislocations, fracture related intrusion, effective parameter, hydraulic fracturing, fluid- and pressure in the sub-ground.
- Theoretical and experimental seismology: wave propagation and wavefield inversion, structural and velocity tomography, damping, ambient vibrations, surface wave studies, microseisms and noise.
- Marine broadband seismology
- 2000 Habilitation in Geophyiscs, University of Frankfurt, Germany
- 1994 Dr. rer nat. in Geophysics, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
- 1990 Diploma in Geophysics
Werdegang / Ausbildung:
- Since 2012 W3 Professor in Geophysics at University of Potsdam. Head of the Section 2.1 “Physics of Earthquakes and Volcanoes” at GFZ Potsdam
- 2000 - 2012 C3 Professor in Seismology at the University Hamburg, Germany. Head of the Seismology Group.
- 1994 – 2000 Hochschulassistent University Frankfurt with Prof. Gerhard Müller
- 1990– 1994 PhD at Faculty of Physics, Institute of Geophysics, University Karlsruhe
- Regular supervision of PhD, MSc and BSc projects
- Regular teaching at University (in german, lecture notes are available as pdf on request): Introduction to Geophysics (2001-2012), Traveltime seismology (2000-2012), Body and surface wave seismology (2007-2011), Rupture processes in seismology and volcanology (2008-today), Inversion problems in geophysics (2000-2012), Signal analysis in Geophysics (2013) and Seismological data recording (2003), Fundamentals of mathematical Geophysics (2001)
- Contributions to international training courses / summer schools (moment tensor inversion, array seismology, study of seismic swarms associated with fluid movement, GFZ-Unesco training course)
- Associate editor in earthquake seismology for Geophysical Journal International (2002-2006)
- Editor in Chief for Journal of Seismology (2005-2012)
- Reviewer panels for specific projects (BMBF, EU, DFG, other)
- PI scientist for ship cruises
- Consultancy for case studies of induced seismicity
Projekte:see webpages section 2.1
- Advisory board German Geophysical Society (DGG)
- German representative in EPOS WG 10: Induced Seismicity
- NKGG spokesperson for „Seimology and Physics of the Earth Interior of ISAPEI
- Advisory board German instrument pool for amphibian seismology (DEPAS)