Funktion und Aufgaben:
Geochemische Themen in der Geothermie
- Understanding geochemical processes in geothermal systems (reactions at elevated p-, T- conditions)
- Water-rock interactions and their significance for the environment
- Mobility of inorganic pollutants
--> Following a multidisciplinary approach by considering geochemistry in context with geology mineralogy, microbiology, and anthropogenic activities
- 1992-1998: Studies of Geology/ Hydrogeology (Diplom) / Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany.
- 1999-2002: Graduate Research Assistant / Department of Hydrology, University of Bayreuth, Germany.
- 2003-2004: Postdoctoral Research Associate / Department of Chemistry and Geochemistry, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, USA.
- 2004-2005: Scientific employee / Federal Institute of Geosciences and Natural Resources (BGR) Hanover, Germany.
- 2005-2006: Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Department of Industrial Ecology, Royal University of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2006-2009: Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Institute of Science and Technology (ISTE) at the EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne), Switzerland.
- 2009 – present: Research Scientist / GFZ Potsdam
- since 2013: Teaching as guest lecturer at the Freie Universität (FU) Berlin; Department of Hydrogeology
- 2016: Habilitation at the Freie Universität (FU) Berlin; Department of Hydrogeology