Dr. Pinar Büyükakpinar
Funktion und Aufgaben:Postdoctoral researcher
- Imaging lithospheric structures using receiver functions and surface waves.
- Improving the performance of seismic stations, arrays, and networks.
- Imaging rupture directivity and understanding rupture processes.
- Physics of seismic sources; induced/triggered earthquakes and volcano-tectonic events.
- Understanding magmatic processes with multiple geophysical and geochemical data sets.
- Developing early warning systems using seismic ambient noise method in volcanic areas.
2013 - 2019 Research Assistant, Bogazici University, Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute
2019 - 2021 PostDoc, Bogazici University, Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute
2021 - 2022 PostDoc, National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology, Catania, Italy (eTna eRUption assiSTant - TRUST Project)
2022 - 2023 PostDoc, University of Potsdam, INsights into rupture DIrectivity patterns from microseismicity to weak events: implications on induced seismicity by fluid injection processes (INDI).
2023 - PostDoc, GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, Characterizing source properties of NW Bohemia/Vogtland earthquake swarms exploiting novel network and waveform processing tools (CHASING) - funded by: DFG - SPP 1006: International Continental Scientific Drilling Program (ICDP)