Pauline Hélène Isabelle Gayrin
Wissenschaftliche Interessen:In construction.
- September 2022 – Geosciences for a sustainable future, SGI-SIMP, Turin.
Talk « Reactivation of inherited faults in continental rifts, insight from analogue study »; P. Gayrin, D. Maestrelli, G. Corti, C. Del Ventisette.
- July 2022 - Deformation mechanisms, Rheology and Tectonics (DRT) 2022 Catania, Italy. Talk « Semi-automated fault extraction and quantitative structural analysis from DEM data of the Magadi and Natron basins, East African Rift System »; P. Gayrin, T. Wrona, S. Brune, S. Riedl, T. Hake.
- April 2021 – EGU General Assembly 2021, online. Talk « Semi-automated fault extraction and structural analysis from DEM data of the Magadi and Natron basins, East African Rift System »; P. Gayrin, T. Wrona, S. Brune, S. Riedl, T. Hake.
Werdegang / Ausbildung:
- 2020-2022: Master Geodynamics in Université Grenoble Alpes, France
- 2017-2020: Bachelor Geosciences in Université Grenoble Alpes
- Including third year of bachelor in University Potsdam, Germany with the European program ERASMUS
- 2022: Master thesis - Study of the impact of inherited faults on the development and reactivation of brittle structures in continental rift using analogue modelling.
Supervised by Giacomo Corti, Chiara Del Ventisette and Daniele Maestrelli, Università degli studi di Firenze and Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Italy.
Description of a mechanism of flexure/fracture before breaking on the reactivated faults and study of the impact of lava cover.
2021: Master internship - Study of Holocene paleomagnetic field and volcanic evidences from lake Armor sediment core, Kerguelen Islands, French Southern and Antarctic Lands.
Supervised by Christian Crouzet and Fabien Arnaud, Université Savoie Mont-Blanc, CNRS team Edytem, France. First lake core paleomagnetic measurement of the Kerguelen Island, stratigraphic work and definition of master core.
- 2019-2020: Bachelor thesis - Mapping and structural characterisation by semi-automatic method of the Magadi-Natron bassin, Kenya, East African Rift System. Supervised by Sascha Brune and Thilo Wrona, GFZ Potsdam. Development of a semi-automated Python workflow in the goal of mapping and analysing the normal faults of the basin Magadi- Natron, from Digital Elevation Models Tandem-X science.
2019: Internship - Design and improvement of experiments used to explain magnetism and geodynamo in outreach events.Supervised by N. Schaeffer, Institut des Sciences de la Terre, Grenoble, France. Setup and achievement of the experiments and writing of tutorials.
EGU General Assembly 2021 Virtual Outstanding Student and PhD Presentation (vOSPP award) of the section « Tectonics and structural geology »