Funktion und Aufgaben:
Head of Research Group "Atmosphere-Hydrosphere Dynamics"
- High-frequency mass transport processes in atmosphere, oceans, and the continental hydrosphere
- Numerical simulations of mass variability phenomena, in particular in relation to the ocean general circulation
- Atmospheric tides and their oceanic response
- Separation of high-frequency geophysical signals from geodetic observations
Further information is available in english only.
- Project "Independent Generation of Earth Orientation Parameters" funded by the European Space Agency (ESA), since 2017
- Project "Atmosphere-Induced Short Period Variations of Earth Rotation" jointly funded by the Austrian Research Council (FWF) and the German Research Council (DFG), 2015 -- 2018
- Project "Updating ESA's Earth System Model for Gravity Mission Simulation Studies" funded by the European Space Agency (ESA), 2013 -- 2015
- Coordinated Project "Realisation of the GRACE-FO Satellite Mission" funded by the German Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF), sub-project "De-Aliasing of Atmosphere and Ocean Mass Variability", 2013 -- 2015
- Research Programme "Decadal Climate Predictions" funded by the German Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF), sub-project "Geodetic Satellite Observations for Climate Model Validation", 2011 -- 2015
- Priority Programme "Mass Transport and Distribution in the Earth System" funded by the German Research Council (DFG), sub-project "Improved Modelling of Non-Tidal Mass Variations for Optimized Gravity Field Analysis", 2011 -- 2013
- 2007: Bernd Rendel Prize, awarded by German Research Council