Dr. Galina Dick
Funktion und Aufgaben:
Research scientist at GFZ, responsible for ground-based GNSS atmospheric soundingGroup leader "GNSS Meteorology"
Wissenschaftliche Interessen:Ground-based GNSS atmosphere sounding
Development of ground-based GNSS atmosphere sounding techniques
Operational processing of GNSS data and using derived tropospheric products for weather forecast
Applications of GNSS-derived tropospheric products in atmospheric and climate sciences
1992-1994 research scientist at GFZ, member of IGS Analysis Centre at GFZ
1995-1998 research scientist at GFZ within project 'MOMS-Priroda'
1999-2003 research scientist at GFZ within the BMBF strategy found 'GPS Atmospheric Sounding Project' (GASP)
Since 2003 research scientist at GFZ, responsible for ground-based GNSS atmosphere sounding and GNSS data processing
Since 2017 group leader "GNSS Meteorology" at GFZ
Werdegang / Ausbildung:Diploma in Mathematics, University of Kharkov, Ukraine
Dr. rer. nat. (PhD), Technical University of Tallinn, Estonia
- European Project E-GVAP: 'The EUMETNET GPS Water Vapour Programme', Head of GNSS Analysis Centre at GFZ for E-GVAP
- GRUAN: The Global Climate Observing System (GCOS) Reference Upper Air Network of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), Head of Central GRUAN GNSS Data Processing Centre
- WegenerNet, Wegener Center for Climate and Global Change, an interdisciplinary institute of the University of Graz
- MOSES (Modular Observation Solutions for Earth Systems), a novel observing system of the Helmholtz Association, developed by the Helmholtz Centres in the research field “Earth and Environment”.
- Member of IGS Troposphere Working Group
- Member of GRUAN GNSS Precipitable Water Task Team
- Member of the GNSS Expert Team within E-GVAP
- Co-chair of Working Group 4.3.5 "Real-time Troposphere Monitoring" of IAG Sub-Comission 4.3 'Atmospheric Remote Sensing'