Student Assistant Cloud Computing for Earth Observations (f_m_x)
Reference Number 6233
For Section Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics (department “Geodesy”) we are looking for a Student Assistant (f/m/x) to support the assessment of the availability and use of cloud-based Earth Observation platforms.
- Develop and implement a short survey of experiences and plans within the section for the use of cloud computing. This will result in priority list cloud computing needs
- Provide a summary of experiences and development of (short) "good practices" for the most important cloud computing applications for the section, including payment methods
- BSc degree in relevant field
- Enrolled in a university in the Berlin/Potsdam area
- Interest/experiences in cloud computing platforms and tools in the field of remote sensing
- Willingness to develop/test new approaches and connect with different people
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Extensive training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
- Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Fixed-term: 6 months
Salary: According to the rules of the TdL (tariff area East) for student assistants with a Bachelor's degree: currently € 12.37/ h
Working hours: at least 10 hours per week (40 hours per month)
Place of work: Potsdam
Have we piqued your interest?
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at sbv[at]gfz-potsdam.de, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at gba[at]gfz-potsdam.de.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.