Career Center Coordinator (f/m/x)
Reference Number 5520
The GFZ Career Center is a central point for career planning and professional development of early career researchers.
- Conducting welcome and farewell meetings with the target group
- Coordinating events such as career days and career-focused seminars
- Developing concepts for future training offers (online and in person) for the target group
- Developing content for the Career Center Newsletter
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) and completed PhD in natural sciences
- Experience in career advice or career support for early career researchers
- Strong communication skills with diverse stakeholders (doctoral researchers, postdoctoral researchers, PIs, group leaders)
- Professional level of English and good understanding of German
- Solid understanding of the German science system and in particular non-university research organizations such as the Helmholtz Association
- Confidence with networking in- and outside GFZ
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Institute day-care centre on site
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
- Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Fixed-term: 12 months (parental leave replacement)
Salary: The position is classed as salary group 13 according to “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)”. The salary group is determined on the basis of the Collective Wage Agreement and the respective personal qualifications.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is, in principle, suitable for part-time employment.
Place of work: Potsdam
Have we piqued your interest?
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at email@example.com, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.