- Hyperspectral Remote and Proximal Sensing in the solar-reflective (VNIR-SWIR), as well as thermal infrared (TIR) spectral region for soil applications
- Geomorphology and soil erosion
- Geomorphometry, digital elevation modelling
- Palaeoenvironmental reconstruction / landscape changes (Holocene & late Pleistocene)
Scientific employee at GFZ Potsdam
2016 - 2020 PhD at University of Potsdam
Dissertation: "Potential of Optical Remote Sensing for the Analysis of Salt Pan Environments"
2006 - 2013 B.Sc and M.Sc in Physical Geography at Free University of Berlin
Master thesis: "Analyses of hyperspectral and LiDAR data toward the morphological assessment of erosion stages of soils in semi-arid Spain"
- "MOSES – Modular Observation Solutions for Earth Systems: Characterization and monitoring of soil and vegetation responses to heatwave events based on thermal hyperspectral remote sensing”, Research infrastructure of the Helmholtz Association (Germany), 2017-2021
- "MASOMED – MApping SOil variability within rainfed MEDiterranean agroecosystems using hyperspectral data”, Transnational Access Project EU-FP7 EUFAR2, 2017-2020
- GeoArchives - Signals of Climate and Landscape Change preserved in Southern African Geoarchives
SP1 - Identification and mapping of palaeoenvironmental archives and process analysis in Southern Africa based on hyperspectral and multispectral remote sensing technology