M. Eng. Ravi Kumar Guntu
Function and Responsibilities:
Ravi Kumar Guntu is a visiting PhD student under the "Bi-Nationally supervised doctoral degree" program funded by DAAD. His recent research activities are dedicated to identifying, quantifying, and predicting compound events in the field of Hydrology.
- Application of Information theory to understand the spatiotemporal variability of precipitation and water resources classification.
- Intrinsic predictability of a time series using innovative methods.
- Regionalization of Hydrometeorological monitoring networks to predict the hydrological process in un-gauged basins.
- Networks-based exploration of the hydrological process of river basins.
- Climate impact assessment on the likelihood of compound events
- Developing mathematical approaches towards merging precipitation products.
Oct’21-present: Visiting doctoral researcher, Section 4.4 Hydrology, GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, Potsdam
Oct’21-present: Guest doctoral researcher, University of Potsdam, Potsdam, Germany
Jan’20-present: Doctoral researcher, Department of Hydrology, IIT Roorkee, India
Dec’18-Dec’19: Junior research fellow at Department of Civil Engineering, MVGR College of Engineering (A)
Since Jan’20: PhD. (Pursuing)
Department of Hydrology, IIT –Roorkee, India
Aug’16-Aug’18: Master of Technology, Hydraulics, Coastal & Harbor Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering, Andhra University, Andhra Pradesh, India
Aug’11-Apr’15: Bachelor of Technology, Civil Engineering
GMR Institute of Technology, Srikakulam Andhra Pradesh, India
- Recipient of Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degree scholarship from DAAD to visit GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, Potsdam, Germany.
- Prime Minister’s research fellowship (PMRF) from MHRD, Government of India to pursue doctoral studies at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India
- INSPIRE Fellowship from Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India to pursue doctoral studies at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India
- MHRD fellowship to pursue doctoral studies at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India
- Institute Gold Medal and Cash Prize for securing 1st rank in M. Tech, Department of Civil Engineering, Andhra University.
- The International Conference grant from the Institute of Geophysics of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland.