Function and Responsibilities:
Project lead/management ReMon
- Characteristics of deposits (mineralogy and geochemistry)
- Metals of economic interest
- Iron mineralogy
- Weathering processes
- Mining (extraction and processing)
- Imaging spectroscopy for the characterization of rocks and minerals
- Mineral distribution on tailings using drone/satellite based data acquisition
- since 06/2028: Project management ReMon
- since 04/2018: PhD student (University of Postdam, German Research Centre of Geosciences Potsdam), working title of PhD thesis: Spaceborn monitoring of mining activities
- 02/2018-05/2018: Research assistant, German Research Centre of Geosciences Potsdam
- 03/2015-01/2018: Research assistant/Graduate research assistant, University of Potsdam, Project: REEMAP
- 2016 Dipl.-Geol., University of Potsdam, title of diploma thesis: Weathering profiles of the Fen complex, Southern Norway -The behaviour of rare earth elements under moderate weathering conditions-
Within the ReMon project a prototype monitoring system for mining waste dumps is to be created, which combines software and hardware. Different sensors from space to drone are integrated. The monitoring system is primarily intended for mining applications.
LIGHTS (Lightweight Integrated Ground and Airborne Hyperspectral Topological Solution) is designed to explore new exploration processes at the target scale. A single field survey is sufficient to collect airborne and ground-based data and to identify the exploration target. LIGHTS combines drone based hyperspectral imaging with innovative detection software.
Within the REEMAP project, a modular multi-sensor process chain for modern imaging spectrometers shall be created, which enables direct (via absorption characteristics) or indirect (via mineral associations) detection and semi-quantification very fast, reliable and on a large scale, also by technical staff, in order to fulfill the current requirements for cost-effective, fast and reliable exploration and potential assessment.