M. Sc. Nestor Eduardo Gaviria Lugo
Function and Responsibilities:
I'm a PhD studying erosion and weathering in big catchments along the Chilean climatic gradient. Basically, I'm analyzing stable isotopes, cosmogenic nuclides and biomarkers in modern riverine sediments, soils and surface water.
- Fluvial Geomorphology
- Silicate weathering in the C cycle
- Biomarkers (compound specific isotopes)
- Li isotopes
- Cosmogenic nuclides
- Feb 2019 - Currently Earth Surface Geochemistry, GFZ, Germany
- Oct 2016 - Dec 2018 MARUM, Universität Bremen, Germany
- Aug 2011 - Aug2016 Depto Geociencias, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Colombia
- MSc. Marine Geosciences, Universität Bremen, Germany
- BSc. Geology, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Colombia
Part of the DFG priority program Earth Shape.
In this project I'm a member of the SECCO team, where we are working together with Charlotte Läuchlii (FU Berlin) under the direction of Dr. Hella Wittmann(GFZ), Dr. Dirk Sachse(GFZ), Dr. Patrick Frings(GFZ) and Prof. Dr. Anne Bernhard (FU Berlin).