Function and Responsibilities:
My research is dedicated to the remote sensing of the Earth using Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) signals. I study the exploitation of GNSS signals after reflection off the Earth's surface which is called the GNSS Reflectometry
technique. This includes the physics associated with bistatic radar and GNSS concepts, geophysics, data analysis, and geoinformation retrieval algorithms including those based on Artificial Intelligence.
- GNSS Remote Sensing
- GNSS Reflectometry
- Bistatic Radar
- Methodological field of Data and Computational Science: Machine Learning, Statistical Data Analysis, Data Infrastructures and Software Engineering, Evolutionary techniques, Data Assimilation, Big data concepts
- Designing satellite missions with GNSS components
- Engineering Doctorate, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany, 2020
- Msc in Geodesy, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2015
- Bcs in Geodesy and Geomatics, University of Tafresh, Iran, 2011
- High School Diploma in Mathematics and Physics, Tehran, Iran, 2007
- Bernd Rendel Prize 2020: The Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) annual award to early-career geoscientists with a university degree but as yet no doctorate. The criteria for the award include the quality and originality of research work to date.
- Selected young scientist for the 70th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting: around 30-40 Nobel Laureates convene in Lindau to meet the next generation of leading scientists.
- Geo.X PhD Fellowship: PhD fellowship supported by Geo.X, the research network for Geosciences in Berlin and Potsdam, Geo.X Young Academy call in 2016 - research grants for self-written interdisciplinary (Geo-data scientific) proposals, Potsdam, Germany.
- Geo.X Mini Project: Mini Project Support from Geo.X, the research network for Geosciences in Berlin and Potsdam, Geo.X call in 2019 - research grants for small, interdisciplinary (Geo-data scientific), collaborative, and self-written proposals, Potsdam, Germany.
- Best Poster Presentation Award: 6th International Colloquium on Scientific and Fundamental Aspects of GNSS / Galileo, October 2017, Valencia, Spain.
- Top-three Presentation Award: ATMO PhD Day, July 2019, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Jülich, Germany.