Function and Responsibilities:
Project manager H2020 ITN SUBITOP
EGU Programme Committee member (SC Representative)
EGU GM Early Career Scientist Representative
Associate Editor Geochronology journal
My Google scholar publication list
Earth surface processes decisively shape our planet. They are responsible for mobilising, routing and depositing the materials that build our environment. It is these processes my research is devoted to.
Earth surface processes and the landforms they create and modify are the main conveyors of information about driving factors and boundary conditions that control how the system works, in which we live. Such information may be gathered by measuring key parameters of the modern process regime or by unravelling the sedimentologic record created by these processes. My motivation is to bridge these two branches of geomorphic research in a quantitative way.
I need specified tools, mainly computational, experimental and analytic tools, both at the laboratory and field scale. One of the most versatile tools I got into contact with for my computational needs is the free statistic software R
, a pillar for open, transparent, reproducible and participative science across disciplines.
For further details please see my website: www.micha-dietze.de
- 2016 – 2016 NIOZ, Texel, Netherlands Remote office phase at the NIOZ.
- 2013 – ... GFZ Potsdam PostDoc project on Environmental Seismology and Project Management of the ITN SUBITOP.
- 2008 – 2008 CICESE Ensenada Scientific field season and visiting scientist at CICESE Ensenada
- 2007 – 2013 TU Dresden PhD project on stone pavements in deserts and BA studies in Physics.
- 2001 – 2007 TU Dresden Undergraduate and graduate studies in Geography with minor subjects in Applied Geology and Soil Science.
Luminescence data exploration
- Open robust data analysis and visualisation tools: Luminescence
- Bayesian age-depth model improvements
- Numeric modelling of virtual sediment sections
- Pressure impact on luminescence properties
Grain-size data exploration
- End-member modelling analysis (EMMA): EMMAgeo
- Open software for import and analysis of grain-size data
- Sediment fluxes, sources and processes in desert environments
Research Boards and Committees:
- EGU Geomorphology Division Early Career Representative
- (former) German Young Geomorphologists Representative
- Best PhD thesis award, German Working Group on Geomorphology