Function and Responsibilities:
Section 3.1, Lithosphere Dynamics department
- Geodynamics of tectonic processes at plate boundaries.
- Geodesy and numerical modeling.
- Earthquake cycle deformation processes at variable spatial and temporal scales.
- Integration of short- and long-term crustal deformations.
- MAule eaRthquake: Integration of Seismic Cycle Observations and Structural investigations (DFG, German Research Foundation).
- Neotectonics of the Pamir and western Tien Shan – active displacement field from GPS-geodesy (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung, BMBF).
- ZIP: Zoom in between the Plates (A european Initial Training Network- Marie Curie Actions).
- AleChile: Numerical modeling of earthquake cycle in relation with long-term deformation of the Southern Andes (DAAD-Conicyt).
Research Boards and Committees:
- Reviewer for Nature Geoscience, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, International Journal of Earth Sciences, Geology, Journal of Geophysical Research, Geophysical Research Letter, Tectonophysics, Mathematical Geosciences and Geophysical Journal International.
- Reviewer for the Chilean Government Research Funding Agency (CONICYT).