Function and Responsibilities:
Senior scientist in the section 5.4 Hydrology.
Flood risk analysis
Sedimentdynamics and -transport
- since 12/2002Scientist/Researcher at the section 5.4 Hydrology of GFZ
- 10/1998-05/2002PhD at the Institute of Geoecology of the Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany, Section Environmental System Analysis.
Dissertation: "Risk assessment of pesticides in the Mid-Hills of Nepal - Environmental fate and population dynamics modelling"
- 10/1991-03/1998Study of Geoecology at the Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany.
Degree: Diplom-Geoökologe (Dipl.-Geoökol.)
Diploma thesis: "Feasibility Study of the Development of a Decision Support System for Integrated Pest Management by Means of Fuzzy Logic and Expert Knowledge in Developing Countries with an Nepali Agro-Ecosystem as an Example"
Recent Projects :
- Catch-Mekong ("Sediment and salt water dynamics in the Mekong delta and impacts of upstream developments")
- CAWa ("Regional Research Network Central Asian Water")