Dr. Grzegorz Kwiatek
Dr. Grzegorz Kwiatek4.2 Geomechanics and Scientific Drilling
Building D, Room 422
- Fluid- and mining-induced seismicity
- Physics of earthquake source
- Earthquake scaling relations between laboratory experiments on rock samples and picoseismicity recorded in-situ.
- 2002-2007 – Research Assistant, Institute of Geophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland.
- 2007-2017 Postdoctoral position, GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, Potsdam, Germany; Section 4.2: Geomechanics and Rheology.
- 2017- Postdoctoral position, Free University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
- 2002 MEng in Environmental Geophysics: AGH University of Science and Technology, Cracov, Poland, Dept. of Geology, Geophysics and Environmental Protection. Title of thesis: “A computer program for the local seismic hazard assessment based on the catalog of Rudna Copper Mine”.
- 2007 PhD in Seismology, Institute of Geophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland. Title of thesis: “Source tomography of seismic events recorded in Rudna Copper Mine, Poland”.
- 2014 Habilitation in Earth Sciences, Institute of Geophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences. Title: “Source processes and scaling relations from induced seismicity to laboratory studies on rock samples”.