Function and Responsibilities:
Research scientist at GFZ, responsible for ground-based GNSS atmospheric sounding
Group leader "GNSS Meteorology"
Ground-based GNSS atmosphere sounding
Development of ground-based GNSS atmosphere sounding techniques
Operational processing of GNSS data and using derived tropospheric products for weather forecast
Applications of GNSS-derived tropospheric products in atmospheric and climate sciences
1992-1994 research scientist at GFZ, member of IGS Analysis Centre at GFZ
1995-1998 research scientist at GFZ within project 'MOMS-Priroda'
1999-2003 research scientist at GFZ within the BMBF strategy found 'GPS Atmospheric Sounding Project' (GASP)
Since 2003 research scientist at GFZ, responsible for ground-based GNSS atmosphere sounding and GNSS data processing
Since July 2017 group leader "GNSS Meteorology" at GFZ
Diploma in Mathematics, University of Kharkov, Ukraine
Dr. rer. nat. (PhD), Technical University of Tallinn, Estonia
- European Project E-GVAP: 'The EUMETNET GPS Water Vapour Programme', Head of GNSS Analysis Centre at GFZ for E-GVAP
- GRUAN: The Global Climate Observing System (GCOS) Reference Upper Air Network of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), Head of Central GRUAN GNSS Data Processing Centre
- EU COST Action ES1206 “Advanced Global Navigation Satellite Systems tropospheric products for monitoring severe weather events and climate (GNSS4SWEC)” (http://gnss4swec.knmi.nl/)
Research Boards and Committees:
- Member of IGS Troposphere Working Group
- Member of GRUAN GNSS Precipitable Water Task Team
- Member of the GNSS Expert Team within E-GVAP
- Co-chair of Working Group 4.3.5 "Real-time Troposphere Monitoring" of IAG Sub-Comission 4.3 'Atmospheric Remote Sensing'