Prof. Dr. Charlotte Krawczyk
Function and Responsibilities:
- Spokesperson of the Programboard in the Research Field Earth&Environment
- Director for scientific programme of GFZ in PoF-IV
- Head of Section Geophysical Imaging
- Professor for Geophysics with focus Seismics at TU Berlin
- Seismic methods and technical developments in applied geophysics
- Geophysical imaging of deformation and mass transport
- Sub-/seismic deformation analysis
- Geodynamic interpretation
> 2016 GFZ, Potsdam: Head of Section Geophysical Imaging
2013-2015 LIAG, Hannover: Vice Director
2007-2015 LIAG, Hannover: Head of Section Seismics~Gravimetry~Magnetics
2002-2007 GFZ Potsdam: senior scientist in section Lithosphere Dynamics
1997-2001 GFZ Potsdam: leadership of project group Northgerman Basin
1995-1997 GFZ Potsdam: post-doc, project management within DEKORP
1993 Texas A&M University: physical properties specialist (ODP leg 149)
1992-1995 GEOMAR Kiel: PhD-student in Geodynamics division
1991 AWI, Bremerhaven + GTZ, Frankfurt: scientific program in Brasil
1988-1991 Institute for Geophysics, Kiel: student helper in geophysics
1985 BSH, Hamburg: student helper in oceanography
Education:2007 Professorship in Geophysics with focus Seismics at TU Berlin
1995 PhD in geophysics at GEOMAR and Kiel University
1991 Diploma in geophysics, Kiel University
1986 Vordiplom in oceanography/physics, Kiel University
Research Boards and Committees:
- Senator for Geosciences at DFG
- Chair of independent Expert Panel Fracking of the German Bundestag
- Member of DFG Senate Commission Earth System Research
- Chief Executive Editor and Member of the Editorial Board of the open access journal Solid Earth
- President of the Seismology Division at European Geosciences Union (EGU; 2011-2015)
- Member of Managing Board of Directors at German Geophysical Society (DGG; 2008-2016)
- Chief Executive of Forschungskollegium Physik des Erdkörpers (FKPE; 2021-2023)
- Secretary General of Forschungskollegium Physik des Erdkörpers (FKPE; 2013-2021)
- 2018. Member of European Academy of Sciences. - Academia Europaea, London.
- 2016. Member of National Academy of Science and Engineering. - acatech, Munich.
- 2015. Offer of W3-professorship 'Geophysikalisches Processing mit Schwerpunkt Seismik'. TU Berlin, July 2015, responded.
- 2015. Offer of W3-professorship 'Oberflächennahe Geophysik'. Universität Freiburg, Jan. 2015, declined.
- 2014. Honorable note of awarded talk at Sageep2014 in the journal 'The Leading Edge' by the SEG.
- 2013. Best of Near Surface 2013 (C.M.Krawczyk, U.Polom, A.Malehmir, M.Bastani). - EAGE, Houten/NL.
- 2011. Member of AcademiaNet. - Robert Bosch Foundation, 'Excellent Scientists in sight'.
- 2010. Best of Near Surface 2010 (U.Polom, J.-S.L'Heureux, L.Hansen, I.Lecomte, O.Longva, C.M.Krawczyk). - EAGE, Houten/NL.
- 2009. C.F. Gauss-Lecture at General Assembly European Geosciences Union. - EGU, Vienna/Austria.
- 2009. Best Poster Award (U.Micksch & C.M.Krawczyk). - IGCP559 committee at EGU session 'Active source images of the crust', Vienna/Austria.
- 1994 and1995. PROCOPE-Stipends.