Function and Responsibilities:
- Director for scientific programme of GFZ in PoF-IV
- Director of Department 2 Geophysics
- Head of Section 2.7 Near-surface Geophysics
- Professor for Geophysics with focus Seismics at TU Berlin
- Seismic methods and technical developments in applied geophysics
- Geophysical imaging of deformation and mass transport
- Sub-/seismic deformation analysis
- Geodynamic interpretation
> 2016 GFZ, Potsdam: Head of Section
2013-2015 LIAG, Hannover: Vice Director
2007-2015 LIAG, Hannover: Head of Section
2002-2007 GFZ Potsdam: senior scientist in section
1997-2001 GFZ Potsdam: leadership of project group
1995-1997 GFZ Potsdam: post-doc, project management within
1993 Texas A&M University: physical properties specialist (ODP leg 149)
1992-1995 GEOMAR Kiel: PhD-student in Geodynamics division
1991 AWI, Bremerhaven + GTZ, Frankfurt: scientific program in Brasil
1988-1991 Institute for Geophysics, Kiel: student helper in geophysics
1985 BSH, Hamburg: student helper in oceanography
2007 Professorship in
Geophysics with focus Seismics
at TU Berlin
1995 PhD in geophysics at GEOMAR and Kiel University
1991 Diploma in geophysics, Kiel University
1986 Vordiplom in oceanography/physics, Kiel University
Research Boards and Committees:
- Chair of independent Expert Panel Fracking of the German Bundestag
- Member of DFG Senate Commission Earth System Research
- Chief Executive Editor and Member of the Editorial Board of the open access journal Solid Earth
- President (2011-2015) of the Seismology Division at European Geosciences Union (EGU)
- Member of Managing Board of Directors at German Geophysical Society (DGG; 2008-2016)
- Secretary General of Forschungskollegium Physik des Erdkörpers (FKPE)
- 2018. Member of European Academy of Sciences. - Academia Europaea, London.
- 2016. Member of National Academy of Science and Engineering. - acatech, Munich.
- 2015. Offer of W3-professorship 'Geophysikalisches Processing mit Schwerpunkt Seismik'. TU Berlin, July 2015, responded.
- 2015. Offer of W3-professorship 'Oberflächennahe Geophysik'. Universität Freiburg, Jan. 2015, declined.
- 2014. Honorable note of awarded talk at Sageep2014 in the journal 'The Leading Edge' by the SEG.
- 2013. Best of Near Surface 2013 (C.M.Krawczyk, U.Polom, A.Malehmir, M.Bastani). - EAGE, Houten/NL.
- 2011. Member of AcademiaNet. - Robert Bosch Foundation, 'Excellent Scientists in sight'.
- 2010. Best of Near Surface 2010 (U.Polom, J.-S.L'Heureux, L.Hansen, I.Lecomte, O.Longva, C.M.Krawczyk). - EAGE, Houten/NL.
- 2009. C.F. Gauss-Lecture at General Assembly European Geosciences Union. - EGU, Vienna/Austria.
- 2009. Best Poster Award (U.Micksch & C.M.Krawczyk). - IGCP559 committee at EGU session 'Active source images of the crust', Vienna/Austria.
- 1994 and1995. PROCOPE-Stipends.