Function and Responsibilities:
Publications before GFZ:
- Blanchet, C.L., Contoux, C. & Leduc, G. (2015) Runoff and precipitation dynamics in the Blue and White catchments during the mid-Holocene : a data-model comparison. Quaternary Science Reviews 130, 222-230. DOI: 10.1016/j.quascirev.2015.07.014
- Blanchet C.L., Frank, M. Schouten, S. (2014) Asynchrous changes in vegetation, runoff and erosion in the Nile River watershed during the Holocene. PLoSONE 9(12): e115958. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0115958.
- Blanchet, C.L., Tjallingii, R., Frank, M. Lorenzen, J. Brown K., Feseker, T. and Brueckmann, W. (2013) High- and low-latitude forcing of the Nile River regime during the Holocene inferred from laminated sediments of the Nile deep-sea fan. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 364, 98-110. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsl.2013.01.009
- Blanchet, C.L., Vidal, L., Kasten, S., Poulton, S. & Thouveny N. (2012). Influence of diagenesis on the stable isotopic composition of biogenic carbonates from the Gulf of Tehuantepec oxygen minimum zone. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems 13/4, DOI: 10.1029/2011GC003800.
- Feseker, T., Brown, K., Blanchet, C.L., Scholz, F., Nuzzo, M., Reitz, A., Schmidt, M. & Hensen, C. (2010). Active mud volcanoes on the upper slope of the western Nile deep-sea fan – First results from the P362/2 cruise of R/V Poseidon. Geo-Marine Letters, DOI: 10.1007/s00367-010-0192-0.
- Blanchet C.L., Thouveny N &Vidal L., (2009). Formation and preservation of greigite (Fe3S4) in sediments from the Santa Barbara Basin: Implications for paleoenvironmental changes during the past 35 ka. Paleoceanography 24, PA2224, DOI: 10.1029/2008PA001719.
- Suchodoletz, H., von, Oberhänsli, H., Faust, D., Fuchs, M., Blanchet, C.L., Golhammer, T. & Zöller, L. (2009). The evolution of Saharan dust input in Lanzarote (Canary Islands) – influenced by human activity in the Northwest Sahara during the early Holocene? The Holocene 20/2, 1-11. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0959683609350385
- Blanchet C.L., Thouveny N., Vidal L., Leduc G., Tachikawa K., Bard E. & Beaufort L. (2007). Terrigenous inputs response of glacial/interglacial climatic variation over Southern Baja California: a rock magnetic approach. Quaternary Science Reviews 26, 3118-3133. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.quascirev.2007.07.008
- Leduc G., Thouveny N., Bourlès D., Blanchet C.L. & Carcaillet J. (2006). Authigenic 10Be/9Be variations along western equatorial Pacific sediments during the Laschamp and Mono Lake excursions. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 245 (1-2), 19-28. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsl.2006.03.006
- Blanchet C.L., Thouveny N. & de Garidel-Thoron T. (2006). New evidences of geomagnetic moments lows between 30 and 45 ka BP from a sedimentary sequence of the West Equatorial Pacific. Quaternary Science Reviews 25 (9-10), 1039-1052. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.quascirev.2005.09.001
- Quaternary record of paleoenvironmental changes
- Sediments as high-resolution climate archives
- Ocean-continent linkages
- Relationships between climate, erosion, vegetation and precipitation (threshold & feedback processes)
- Climate-environment-human nexus
During my career, I have focused on high-resolution (near annual) laminated records from continental margins as archives of environmental changes, either on the continent or in the ocean. I am particularly interested in the relationships between the terrestrial and marine realms, how they influence each other and how initial forcing are either exemplified or buffered by these complex interactions.
As I focus on the late Quaternary, the role of interactions in the climate-environment-human nexus are naturally one of my main research interests. In that respect, I value co-operation with other disciplines (such as with archeologists) to build more comprehensive pictures of human-climate interactions.
I study sedimentary processes along the source-to-sink pathway: sediment generation and transportation, response of ecosystems to climatic changes, sediment deposition and post-depositional alteration through diagenesis.
- 2018-now Post-doc fellow at GFZ
Reintegration position on "The annual record of Nile flood events during the African Humid Period"
- 2017-2018 Assistant professor (Freie Universität Berlin)
- 2015-2017 Project manager for the Green-Win Horizon 2020 project (Global Climate Forum Berlin)
- 2013-2015 Family pause, Weiterbildung “Project manager Wind Energy” (Proventus)
- 2010-2013 Post-doc fellow GEOMAR Kiel & NIOZ Texel
DFG Eigene Stelle “HOSINIL” + DFG SPP IODP Bering Sea project
- 2008-2010 Post-doc (part-time) in the West-Nile Delta project (GEOMAR Kiel (Funding RWE-Dea)
- 2006-2008 Post-doc in the graduate college EUROPROX (Universität Bremen)
- 2002-2006 Ph-D in Geosciences, CEREGE, Université Aix-Marseille III
“Paleoclimatic and paleoceanographic changes on the NW American margin during the last glacial-interglacial cycle”
Supervision: Prof. Nicolas Thouveny & Prof. Laurence Vidal
- 2001-2002 Master in Geosciences CEREGE, Université Aix-Marseille III