INDOS: Inatews seismic Network and Data centre Operations Support
After the successful implementation of the Indonesian Tsunami Early Warning System (InaTEWS) within the GITEWS and PROTECTS projects funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), GFZ continues to support BMKG in the operations of the seismological network and data centre. Through two commercial partners, GEMPA and PT Len Industri, experts from GEOFON are providing support to BMKG on demand. Specifically we cooperate with BMKG on the following topics:
- Jointly operating the Inatews backbone seismic network (former GITEWS seismic network) and support for the overall seismic network operations.
- Support for seismic data management at BMKG Jakarta.
- Export EQ parametric information for large events outside of the target region for InaTEWS.
- Advise BMKG during the review process of the National Tsunami Warning Standard Operating Procedures (NTW SOP) and organization of yearly advisory workshop in Jakarta.
- 2014 - laufendes Jahr
- A. Strollo (GFZ Potsdam)
- A. Heinloo (GFZ Potsdam)
- Th. Zieke (GFZ Potsdam)
- Meteorological, Climatological and Geophysical Agency (BMKG Indonesia)
- GEMPA GmbH
- PT Len Industrie
- Hanka, W., Saul, J., Weber, B., Becker, J., Harjadi, P., Fauzi, and GITEWS Seismology Group: Real-time earthquake monitoring for tsunami warning in the Indian Ocean and beyond, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 10, 2611-2622, doi:10.5194/nhess-10-2611-2010, 2010.
Research Unit(s) and/or User Facilities