FEI Helios G4 Dual Beam Helios G4 UC is part of the fourth generation of the leading Helios Dual Beam family. It combines the innovative Elstar electron column with high-current UC+ technology for extreme high-resolution imaging and the highest materials contrast with the superior Tomahawk ion column for the fastest, easiest, and most precise high-quality sample preparation. In addition to the most advanced electron and ion optics, the Helios G4 UC incorporates a suite of state-of-the-art technologies that enable simple and consistent high-resolution S/TEM and Atom Probe Tomography (APT) sample preparation, as well as the highest-quality subsurface and 3D characterization, even on the most challenging samples.
Highest quality TEM sample preparation:
The latest technological innovations of the Helios G4, in combination with the easiest to use, comprehensive software and FEI’s application expertise, allow for the fastest and easiest preparation of HR-S/TEM samples for a wide range of materials. In order to achieve the highest-quality results, final polishing with low energy ions is required to minimize surface damage on the sample. FEI’s Tomahawk Focused Ion Beam (FIB) column not only delivers high-resolution imaging and milling at high voltages, but has also excellent low voltage performance, enabling the creation of high quality TEM lamella.
- Fastest and easiest TEM sample preparation
- Shortest time to Nano scale information
- Reveal the finest details
- Precise sample navigation
- Artifact-free imaging Fast, accurate and precise milling
Specifications and Detectors:
- Elstar extreme high-resolution field emission SEM column.
- Resolution: 0.6 nm at 30 kV STEM, 0.7 nm at 1 kV, 1.0 nm at 500 V (ICD).
- Electron beam current range: 0.8 pA to 100 nA
- Accelerating voltage range: 200 V to 30 kV
- Maximum horizontal field width: 2.3 mm at 4 mm WD
- Ion beam current range: 0.1 pA to 65 nA
- Accelerating Voltage range: 500 V to 30 kV
- Elstar in-lens SE/BSE detector
- Elstar in-column SE/BSE detector
- Everhart-Thornley SE detector (ETD)
- Retractable STEM3+ detector with BF/DF/HAADF segments
- Gas Injection System
- Easylift for precise in situ sample manipulation
- AutoTEM wizard automated sample preparation