We are the funkiest lab in the entire GFZ. “Why?” - could one ask. The answer is easy: thanks to our lab we do not have to look for rocks and minerals, scour through continents and dig in dirt – instead we can grow our crystals– nice and clean. This is all possible with our equipment. More details on the ongoing research can be found here 1) Scattering 2) Struvite Crystallization.
- UV-Visible Evolution 220 Spectrophotometer with a fibre optics add-on immersion probe - Thermo Scientific.
- Optical microscope Carl Zeiss Scope A1 with camera
- Conventional hydrothermal reactors 50 mL from Parr
- Microwave hydrothermal reactor 50 mL from Parr
- Universal 320 Centrifuges - HETTICH
- Vac Prep Q61 Sample Degas System - Micromeritics
- Gemini VII Surface Area and Porosity - Micromeritics
- Ultrasound Sonorex Digitec - BANDELIN
- Anaerobic Chamber - Toepffer Lab Systems