Generally, the soil moisture array consists of following components, whereas the measurement system may vary depending on the study area:
- Surficial soil moisture array consisting of 20 to 40 30 cm long 3-rod TDR probes inserted vertically from the surface.
- One to four soil moisture profiles consisting of eight 7.5 cm long 3-rod TDR probes in the depths of 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.6, 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 m.
- One soil moisture tension profile consisting of five TS1 tensiometers in the depths of 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 1.0 and 1.5 m.
- One soil moisture temperature probe consisting of eight temperature sensors in the depths of 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.6, 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 m.
- TDR100 Time Domain Reflectometer
- CR100 Datalogger
- Analog Multiplexer
- Power supply
- Data communication
- Spatial and temporal soil moisture variation measurement
- Estimation of the soil water balance and water fluxes in the soil
- In-situ estimation of pedo-transfer function
- Calibration and validation of hydrological modelling
- Study area: