Diese Seite ist zur Zeit leider nur in englischer Sprache verfügbar.
For a variety of spacecraft, onboard magnetometers are used for other purposes than scientific measurements and space weather monitoring. If properly calibrated, the data from these spaceborne magnetometers can be used both for a posteriori analysis of such events, but also for near real-time space weather monitoring. Continuous monitoring is required, since space weather affects radio communication links, power infrastructure on the Earth and satellite drag. In this project, we calibrate on board magnetometer observations from LEO satellites and derive auroral field-aligned currents.
- 2017 - 2018
- The European Space Agency (ESA) through the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC),
- Dr. E. Doornbos (TU Delft) - Primary Coordinator
- Prof. Dr. C. Stolle (GFZ)
- Ingo Michaelis (GFZ)
- Dr. Martin Rother (GFZ)
- Jan Rauberg (GFZ)
- Technische Universiteit Delft (TU Delft), the Netherlands
Methods and Equipment
- Magnetometer vector-vector calibration; Field-aligned currents processor