Fully automatic acquisition of:
- split surface morphology using a simple microswitch
- magnetic susceptibility logs of (soft) sediment cores of up to 1.5 m length using a Bartington MS2E sensor.
- the optical spectrum of sediment cores using a GretagMacbeth Spectrolino. Color measurements are performed through a circular window of 4 mm diameter. Results are given as 36 spectral lines every 10 nm from 380 to 730 nm along a single trace. Together with spectral data, XYZ and L*a*b* values are stored to an ascii file.
- Measuring increment: 1 mm (or larger)
- N. R. Nowaczyk, M. Voigt
- linux software (Kubuntu Linux) for data acquisition: D. Ulbricht
- Magnetostratigraphic investigation of lake and marine sediments.
- split cores, u-channels, x-ray samples.