Global change confronts us with major challenges such as rapid population growth, increasing urbanization, global warming, soil destruction and water pollution. Globalization processes increase further our vulnerability. For early career researchers, the task is to ensure that humanity is prepared to tackle all these challenges in a smart and sustainable way. This requires hard facts, reproducible and transparent science, and a sound commitment.
The YES Congress will focus on six large topical issues:
- Ashes to Ashes - Understanding Earth processes
- Unboxing Earth - Interdisciplinary Problem solving
- Heritage Earth - Sustainable Resource Management
- Society at Risk - Impacting Earth Phenomena
- Brave New World - Advanced Technologies in Earth Sciences
- Beyond Printing - Communicating Science
Session proposals have to be submitted according to these topics.
Submission deadline: 30 September 2018
Submission via https://yesdeutschland.weebly.com/yes-congress-2019.html
Dutch royal couple visits Telegrafenberg
Neue Wärme für die Stadt
Personalia | Werner Köckeritz accepted as a member of the Executive Committee of the...
AOK Corporate Run Potsdam 2019
Career Centre opens its doors
Vom Regen zum Hochwasser
GFZ Geophysics Department moves into new property next to the Albert Einstein Science Park
Improved risk management for geothermal systems
Resolving the “invisible” gold puzzle
Hippos, the animal silicon pumps