Energy Management at GFZ
The efficient use of energy has been actively practised at the GFZ for years. In order to make our ongoing efforts in this area more transparent and to be able to work even more purposefully on reducing our consumption in the future, we have decided to introduce an energy management system according to ISO 50001 in 2021.
Energy policy of the GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
The protection of our environment and the responsible use of natural resources are important to us and our employees.
For this reason, we have decided to introduce an energy management system in accordance with the requirements of the international ISO 50.001 standard.
The basis of our energy management system is our energy policy, through which we commit ourselves to adhering to the following principles:
- Continuous improvement of our energy-related performance through the regular analysis and evaluation of our energy use and energy consumption
- Optimising the energy efficiency of our processes
- Achieving our energy goals by ensuring the availability of the necessary resources
- Complying with all applicable legislation
- Acquiring efficient products and environmentally friendly technologies by working with our suppliers.
The Executive Board, as the highest management of the Helmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, provides all necessary resources to implement and improve the energy management system.
Prof. Dr Susanne Buiter and Dr Stefan Schwartze