To support our Scientific Executive Director, we are looking for a:
Personal Assistant to the Scientific Executive Director (f_m_x)
Reference Number 8105
- Assist and accompany the Scientific Executive Director in the performance of her diverse tasks and activities in science, society and politics
- Preparation of meeting contents, agendas and minutes for internal and external meetings, as well as processing and coordination of resulting tasks according to deadlines
- Preparation and follow-up of committee/board meetings and other events of the Executive Board including the preparation and follow-up of relevant information and documents as well as the coordination of contributions by third parties
- Communication and coordination with and to the Scientific Director’s Team, other departments and sections of the centre and with external partners
- Facilitate and maintain good contacts and dialogue with actors in regional and local politics and society and other external stakeholders
- Organisation of onboarding and offboarding of department/section leaders
- Performance of special tasks, e.g. content-related preparation of retreats, including the supportive organisation of events of the Executive Board
- Master's degree or equivalent in geosciences or natural sciences, preferably PhD
- Experience in supporting executives as personal assistant or executive advisor
- Experience in science and project management
- Profound experience in cooperation with partners in science, society and politics
- Experience in the target-group-specific processing of complex and scientific content
- Knowledge of the university and non-university research field as well as general conditions of the science management/administration
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills in German (preferably mother tongue) and English
- Excellent MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat skills
The ideal candidate is cooperative and has the ability to work independently and proactively with commitment to quality.
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Institute day-care centre on site
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
- Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Fixed-term: 2 years with the option of a permanent contract (permanent employment from the start when applying from a currently permanent position)
Salary: The position is classed as salary group 13 according to “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)”. The salary group is determined on the basis of the Collective Wage Agreement and the respective personal qualifications.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
Place of work: Potsdam
Have we piqued your interest?
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at sbv[at]gfz-potsdam.de, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at gba[at]gfz-potsdam.de.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.