Team Assistant bilingual (f_m_x)
Reference Number 6326
- Coordinating and executing secretarial workflows and business transactions for the Human Resources and Finance (e.g. coordinating appointments for on-site and online meetings, being the initial contact for enquiries by telephone and mail incl. e-mail, processing communication and documents by mail and e-mail, file management incl. archiving, conducting information research).
- Correspondence in German and English, e.g. producing high-quality translations (German-English and English-German)
- Preparing and following up meetings, including hosting guests, preparing presentation materials and taking minutes for a structured documentation of results and agreements
- Updating the content and structure of Internet and Intranet information of the departments
- Preparation of regular reports incl. metrics and statistics
- Supporting document management and archiving
- Conducting purchases of office supplies, equipment for workplaces incl. IT, health and safety equipment, services, etc. incl. inventory management of office supplies, etc.
- Organising and booking of business travel and events (e.g. working group events, charity and volunteer activities) incl. online conferences
- Ensuring and supervising the onboarding of new employees in the respective departments
- Support in quality management
- Successfully completed degree as a foreign language secretary or equivalent, i.e. commercial or administrative training with proven written and oral secretarial and office work experience or successfully completed training for these qualifications; ideally bilingual or multilingual background.
- Several years of professional experience in assisting department heads or comparable, ideally in interdisciplinary teams or across functional teams
- Proficiency in spoken and written in German and English, at least fluent in one of the languages and very good in the other; other languages are an advantage
- Proven international work experience or experience in intercultural contexts is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge and practice in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); ideally experienced with Adobe tools (e.g. Adobe Acrobat LifeCycle Designer); knowledge of content management systems (e.g. TYPO3) is desirable; willingness to learn new applications and tools to improve the quality and efficiency of work processes and results is required
- Excellent skills to coordinate and execute workflows and the ability to deal with complex situations in a professional and goal-oriented manner
- Particularly high level of communication and cooperation skills as well as strong integrity and service orientation
- Independent, result-oriented and precise methodical working style, high flexibility, ability to work under pressure, taking initiative and showing quick comprehension as well as a strong interest and ability to learn new working methods and tools
- Applying highest standards of handling of information confidentially and with the appropriate sensitivity in dealing with contacts across all levels, varying situational context and diverse topics
- Professional experience gained in institutions of academic and science management, public administration, public corporations or foundations is an advantage
- You like to manage interfaces between teams, people, processes and you like to contact other people proactively to create and maintain best levels of collaboration and cooperation across organizational units
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Institute day-care centre on site
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
- Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Fixed-term: 2 years (with the possibility of extension, especially when applying from a current permanent position)
Salary: The position is classed as salary group 8 according to “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)”. The salary group is determined on the basis of the Collective Wage Agreement and the respective personal qualifications.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
Place of work: Potsdam
Have we piqued your interest?
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at sbv(at)gfz-potsdam.de, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at gba(at)gfz-potsdam.de.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.