Postdoc (f_m_x) Re-Entry Position
Reference Number 6244
You had a professional family-related break and are now looking for an option to re-start your career?
The GFZ endeavors to facilitate the return into scientific work for post-doctoral scientists who have taken a career break (maternity leave, parental leave and periods of caring for a relative). For this reason, every year the GFZ offers a re-entry position for up to 2 years aimed at (former) GFZ-Postdocs.
How to apply for a re-entry position:
- The application is made from an ongoing, an inactive or a former work relationship with the GFZ.
- Your professional sabbatical is at least 6 months and, in the case of current employment, the remaining contractual term is a maximum of 3 months.
- Upload your detailed CV with list of publications, certificates and references
- Submit information on the scientific concept and work plans for the requested time period (up to 3 DIN
- Provide details of the planned weekly working hours and your desired start date
- Provide a statement by the future workgroup leader or Section Head
The hiring decision is made according to the regulations of the GFZ with the participation of the corresponding (Equal Opportunities Officer, Staff Council, Disabled Persons' Representative Council), the Head of HR and the Executive Board.
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Professional career advice offered by our in-house Career-Centre
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
Fixed-term: Min. 12 months up to max. 24 months
Salary: This position has been assessed as being salary group 13 according to “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)”. The salary group will be determined by the conditions of the collective wage agreement and the appropriate personal qualifications.
Working hours: Part-time / Full-time
Place of work: Potsdam, Oberpfaffenhofen, Niemegk (depending on the respective employment contract)
Have we piqued your interest?
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at sbv[at]gfz-potsdam.de, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at gba[at]gfz-potsdam.de.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.