IT Administartor (f_m_x) Outer Branch Oberpfaffenhofen
Reference Number 6189
At GFZ´s branch office in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich, we develope, operate and analyse satellite missions, and we contribute to the International Terrestrial Reference Frame of the International Association of Geodesy. We process our data in a heterogeneous open source environment on a HPC cluster with more than 250 CPUs and a database of more than 500 TB in an SDS system.
- Installation, maintenance and monitoring of servers, storage systems, desktops, notebooks and other IT hardware
- Network monitoring and management
- Performing and monitoring of daily backups
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of external, almost exclusively open source software
- Error identification and solution of hardware and software problems
- Collaboration with external partners for contract issues and problem resolution
- Support of project related tasks
- Documentation of activities
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or natural sciences
- Experience in system administration (advanced Linux, *BSD and Windows clients).
- Experience in networking (TCP/IP, VLAN, VPN, management of routers, switches and firewalls)
- Experience in virtualization: KVM, XEN, Virtualbox, containers
- Experience with open source software (installing, compiling, troubleshooting).
- Ability to work independently
- Communication skills (written/oral; German/English)
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Attractive location in Oberpfaffenhofen in proximity to the DLR
Fixed-term: 2 years (with option of a permanent contract)
Salary: The position is classed as salary group 11 according to “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet West)”. The salary group is determined on the basis of the Collective Wage Agreement and the respective personal qualifications. Depending on the number of applicants, an upgrading of the individual pay grade as well as a temporary skilled worker bonus of up to 1,000 € per month can be contemplated.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
Place of work: Oberpfaffenhofen
Have we piqued your interest?
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at sbv[at]gfz-potsdam.de, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at gba[at]gfz-potsdam.de.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.