Our overarching goal is to develop technological capable concepts for the use of deep reservoirs in sedimentary basins, indepent of the actual location. In reaching this goal, we are following a comprehensive path starting with the development of the reservoir, over monitoring its internal flow to developing technologies for the use of geothermal energy above gound.
- The long-term objective "Geothermal Technology" of the research is to provide a stable supplement to other seasonal variable renewable sources of energy.
- The development of geothermal technologies will facilitate a long-term economic and efficient use of the Earth's heat, which is available all year round and is not affected by seasonal changes.
- Exploration and exploitation of geothermal reservoirs
- Reliable operation of the thermal fluid cycle and warranted energy supply including the conversion of low-enthalpy heat into electricity
Our expertise is based on many years in interdisciplinary research with holistic and sustainable approaches. The following clusters are established within the section:
- Exploration Geology
- Rock Physics
- Process- and Plant-Technologies
Geothermal Energy Provision (PDF)