Dr. Hiroki SoneHelmholtz Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
Section 3.2, Geomechanics and Rheology
Telegrafenberg, D 423
Phone: +49 331 288 1324
Fax: +49 331 288 1328
- Experimental rock mechanics, fault mechanics, reservoir geomechanics, stress heterogeneities along faults, relation between stress and viscoplastic deformation, geomechanics of shale gas reservoir
- 2012 Ph.D. Geophysics, Stanford University
- 2006 M.S. Geology and Mineralogy, Kyoto University
- 2004 B.S. Geology and Mineralogy, Kyoto University
- 2010 Geophysics Intern, BP America Inc.
- 2008 Geophysics Intern, ExxonMobil Upstream Research Company
- 2007 On-site Geophysicist, SAFOD
- 2005 On-site Geologist (Student Trainee), JAMSTEC/TCDP Hole-B
- 2004 On-site Geologist, TCDP Hole-A
- 2012 2007-2011 Most Cited Article Award, TAO Journal
- 2009 Centennial Teaching Assistant Awards, Stanford University
- 2006 Outstanding Student Paper Award – Tectonophysics, 2005 AGU Fall Meeting
- 2013 Sone, H., and M. D. Zoback: Viscoplastic Deformation of Shale Gas Reservoir Rocks and its Long-Term Effect on the In-Situ State of Stress, submitted to International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Science.
- 2013 Sone, H., and M. D. Zoback: Mechanical Properties of Shale Gas Reservoir Rocks – Part 2: Ductile Creep, Brittle Strength, and Their Relation to the Elastic Modulus, submitted to Geophysics.
- 2013 Sone, H., and M. D. Zoback: Mechanical Properties of Shale Gas Reservoir Rocks – Part 1: Static and Dynamic Elastic Properties and Anisotropy, submitted to Geophysics.
- 2011 Sone, H., T. Shimamoto, D. Moore: Frictional properties of saponite-rich gouge from a serpentinite-bearing fault zone along the Gokasho-Arashima Tectonic Line, central Japan., Journal of Structural Geology, 2011.
- 2009 Sone, H., and T. Shimamoto: Frictional resistance of faults during accelerating and decelerating earthquake slip, Nature Geoscience, 2, doi:10.1038/NGEO639, 2009.
- 2007 Sone, H., E. Yeh, T. Nakaya, J. Hung, K. Ma, C. Wang, S. Song: Mesoscopic structural observations of cores from the Chelungpu fault system, Taiwan Chelungpu-fault Drilling Project Hole-A, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Atmospheric, and Oceanic Sciences, 2007.