Dr.-Ing. Jeoung Seok YoonHelmholtz Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
Section 2.6, Seismic Hazard and Stress Field
Phone: +49 331 288 1716
- Discrete element modeling of brittle rock failure and fracture propagation
- Modeling of geothermal reservoir stimulation and induced seismicity
- Modeling of thermo-hydro-mechanical coupled geo-processes in geological disposal of radioactive wastes
- GEISER – Analysis of induced seismicity in geothermal reservoir
- Seismic hazard analysis of synthetic earthquake catalogues from fracture modeling in fluid-stimulated geothermal reservoirs
- since 4/2012: Post-doc, GFZ, Section 2.6 Seismic Hazard and Stress Field, Potsdam, Germany
- since 1/2012: Journal editorial board member of the Korean Society for Rock Mechanics, Seoul, Korea
- 3/2011 – 3/012: geomechanics expert, geomecon GmbH, Potsdam, Germany
- 4/2009 – 2/ 2011: Post-doc, Energy Research Centre of Lower Saxony, Goslar, Germany
- 8/2007 – 2/ 2009: Post-doc, Research Institute of Energy and Resources, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- 1/2005 – 12/2006: Visiting scientist, GFZ, Section 3.2 Geomechanics and Rheology, Potsdam, Germany
- 2007 PhD Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- 2002 Master Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- 10/2010 Proxime Accessit of the ISRM Rocha Medal (www.isrm.net/gca/?id=288)
- 1/2005 Research fellowship grant from the Korean Research Foundation for the Internship Research in Foreign Country
- Yoon J (2007) Application of experimental design and optimization to PFC model calibration in uniaxial compression simulation. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Volume 44, September 2007, Pages 871-889. (*) The most cited articles published since 2007, extracted from SciVerse Scopus.
- Yoon J, Zang A, Stephansson O (2012) Simulating fracture and friction of Aue granite under confined asymmetric compressive test using clumped particle model. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Volume 49, January 2012, Pages 68-83.
- Jeoungseok Yoon (2008) Hydro-mechanical coupling of shear-induced rock fracture. VDM Verlag Dr. Müller, ISBN: 978-3-639-03502-5.
- Michael Z. Hou, Heping Xie, Jeoungseok Yoon (eds.) (2010) Underground Storage of CO2 and Energy. CRC Press, ISBN: 978-0415600491